View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #266
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post

At least you admit you want anarchy.
I'm not for anarchy....I'm just saying I can't come up with one solitary law that was never broken. Sorry if my wording gave you the wrong idea. I for the life of me cannot think of a solitary law that stopped the crime it made illegal...however I do believe that proper and tough punishment can make others think twice about breaking a law.

For instance, I don't need a law to tell me that murder is wrong...however I do believe that if we made sure those on death row were actually, I dunno, dead, it would make a rapist or robber think twice about killing the man/woman he raped as he might want to live himself.

I don't need a law to tell me that pedophilia or shooting up a school full of kids is wrong, however if we made it mandatory life imprisonment or death to any child molester or killer, perhaps it might prevent some poor child being raped by a pervert.

I just think it's ridiculous to pass a law that clearly punishes or makes law abiding citizens seem like the criminals, doesn't have any impact on the criminal element and will not prevent another "mass shooting". I believe in punishing those who commit crimes, not those of us who don't. Or are you of the belief that all laws are good laws?

Again, please explain how a law preventing the sale of any weapon will prevent criminals and those who aspire to pursue a career as a repeat violent criminal from obtaining them and prevent another tragedy? Even VP Joe Biden (big supporter of gun control laws) said it won't make a difference......

you guys would get my support if you passed a tougher punishment for those who committed crimes with a gun......like armed robbery, assault, rape, murder, etc....but limiting what I can own and how many rounds I can have is like limiting the kind of car you can buy, the options for it and how fast it can go....or better yet, putting a blow and go breathalyzer to start it because some clown in another city or state got drunk and killed a family of five in a fiery car crash.

Punish the criminal who commits the crime, not those who didn't....

Last edited by errand; 03-31-2013 at 04:00 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote