View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The reason the U.S. gave up on outlawing alcohol was because the ban was unenforceable and the side effects (organized crime, a large part of the populace engaged in criminal acts, etc.) were more destructive than the good that came from the ban. It's the same thing with drugs. Unfortunately, it seems to be taking us a much longer time for our government to wake up to the truth.
I don't really see a big problem like that now though do you? The crime then was spilling into the streets with brazen gunman. Sort of like Mexico now. Our justice system and police have gotten so good ours is kept much more out of the view of everyday ordinary Americans.

So we don't have to make weed illegal because of that. Also i could never agree with cocaine, heroin, meth, pcp, etc being legal. I don't care is it is impossible to completely enforce. Its hard to enforce rape also but that doesn't mean govt should figure that out and stop enforcing it.

You try your best to enforce laws that make us safer and are needed for the public good. You don't just make them based on what is easy to enforce.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote