Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #85
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
calm down Orton. no need for all the profanity and personal attack.

I remember in back in 7th grade, i got jumped walking to the mall with my buddy after school. my wallet was stolen and bloodied up pretty good. my dad found out and kicked my ass for not going straight home after school like he told me to. Did I deserve to get jumped? no. Did i get myself jumped? no. Could i of prevented the attack if I listen to my dad, probably.

I know this is a touchy subject for many of you. In no way am I blaming the girl. I know there is a fine line between "got herself raped" and "taking personal responsibility" and you think I have crossed it. Sorry dude, it was just how I was raised.

This is is a tough subject as my feelings on it have changed several times since my first post on this matter. Its about listening to other people POV and be understanding. Hence my feelings about this subject has changed over the past several days.
While I agree with how your dad handled things with you, the fact you were not listening to your dad has nothing to do with the actions of the guys that jumped you. Your dad should have also made an effort to make sure those guys were made to answer for what they did.

There is no fine line between "got herself raped" and personal responsibility. If that were true, we are right back to "if she didn't wear those short dresses". There is no female that "get's herself raped" regardless of whether she was listening to her parents. Her parents can deal with that. The boys had no right to do what they did and are in shock over the consequences. This was serious enough to effect the girl's and the boys futures in very negative ways.

I do agree with the sex offenders registry. While most serial rapists do it for the power and control, I see this situation as alcohol induced where common sense goes out the window. That doesn't negate the fact that they went too far and took advantage. But if they go several years without repeating such a crime, take them off. However the one kid who was attempting to apologize at the trial, never to the girl but that pictures shouldn't have been taken, may take a while to figure out he's actually done something wrong. Idiot.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote