View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #96
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The league had a deadline... if Dumervil was still on our roster and no new agreement was signed when that deadline passed, the Broncos would have been (remained) obligated to pay Dumervil the full $12 million on the old contract. I really don't see where Dumervil or his agent thought they were in a bargaining position for "insistence that a pay cut wasn't an option"... of course it was an option and the team was going to do exactly what they did (cut Dumervil) but whatever.

The Ravens really didn't win either... they're gonna be in cap hell for the foreseeable future with overpaying Flacco. And trust me on this: they're gonna miss Boldin. His role in their playoff success cannot be overstated.
I'm sure Dumervil felt that he had earned that money by previous play. And was surprised to find out that his value wasn't as high as he thought. Obviously he wasn't in an ideal bargaining position.

Baltimore overpayed Flacco (thank you Rahim Moore), but they still made out like Bandits in the Dumervil signing. Doesn't mean they're going to be a SB team and/or not miss a lot of the players they lost this offseason, but Dumervil at his price certainly makes their defense significantly better. NOBODY is looking forward to facing a front 7 that includes Ngata, Suggs and Dumervil.