View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I was at Q's career game in Indy.

Cracked me up how kFc jumped on him the minute he was cut.
I kicked a vodka bottle through the sheet rock in my living room when he did this in Jacksonville....

Denver's Quentin Griffin held to 66 yards.
By Associated Press
Published September 20, 2004

JACKSONVILLE - The Jaguars are accustomed to playing close games. Now they're finding ways to win them, too.

The Jags lost three games in the final minute last season and finished 5-11. They've won twice this season in the waning seconds.

Denver running back Quentin Griffin fumbled a handoff on the 23-yard line with about 30 seconds to play, allowing the Jaguars to escape on Sunday.

Last week at Buffalo, Byron Leftwich connected with rookie Ernest Wilford for a 7-yard touchdown pass as time expired to give the Jaguars a 13-10 win.

"We're keeping the cardiologists busy in town," coach Jack Del Rio said.

Jacksonville has played strong defense both weeks. But the unit almost gave this one away down the stretch until Akin Ayodele recovered Griffin's fumble as the Broncos were trying to set up a short field goal.

"I couldn't believe it," receiver Jimmy Smith said. "I laid back on the bench and thought it was over. The last two weeks I've done as much praying as anything. I don't know how it happens."