View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #1514
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Okay, Carolina's draft is over. Pretty satisfied overall. We wanted help on both lines and got that in the first two rounds. Got an athletic weapon for Newton, and got some secondary help.

1st round) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2nd round) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4th round) Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
5th round) Josh Evans, S, Florida
6th round) Nickell Robey, CB, USC

Strong draft in terms of value, depending on the reality of Lotulelei's heart condition. However, I would have rather seen you address CB with either the 2nd or 4th round selections, you don't really have any right now. Who knows if Josh Norman becomes anything. Munnerlyn is ideally suited as a nickelback, but then that's also the only position Robey could play. I guess you went more of a best available player approach, and as mentioned, you got good value up and down the draft, but the lack of a good starting outside CB is glaring. Tharold Simon (amongst others) in the 4th Round and perhaps taking a backup TE in the 6th would have made this much better for me.

Best pick is Lotulelei if he's healthy. If not, Josh Evans in the 5th. Worst pick is Lotulelei if he continues to have heart complications. If not, Nickell Robey. He's such a small player, height and size, he makes Captain Munnerlyn look big. And at that size, he should be faster than he is. He also supposably had a poor Pro Day yesterday in terms of ball skills. He did jump high at least though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote