View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #64
Bacchus

"It was an unfortunate situation," Dumervil acknowledged. "Obviously leaving a really good organization like the Denver Broncos, they're proven winners. I have nothing but good things to say about the organization. But when an opportunity came that I could come to another winner and a first-class organization, it was just leaving one great one to another great one. So I took it."

The Ravens wasted almost no time pursuing the hard-charging pass rusher, especially after an offseason in which they lost free agents Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe and Cary Williams, cut safety Bernard Pollard and traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin.
So general manager Ozzie Newsome worked out a salary-cap friendly deal with around $35 million. After receiving a bit of encouragement via text message from Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, Dumervil accepted.

Dumervil played in all 16 games with the Broncos last season, serving as team captain and registering 11 sacks for the top-seeded team in the AFC. Over seven seasons he has 63 1/2 sacks, an interception and 17 forced fumbles.

Read more: Ex-Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil joins Ravens, says it was time for change - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2OkSj4C7e

Doom is a classy guy, bes tof luck to him except when he plays Denver.