Thread: DOOM to RAVENS
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #315
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Only my opinion but I think we absolutely wet the bed on this one. Now you'll continue to hear Broncos spin that we were prepared for this and had a back-up plan ready to fire as soon as we released Dumervil. Well if that is indeed the case then why did we literally beg Dumervil to come back in the form of multiple contract offers and now we're sitting at a status quo with no replacement signed

I honestly think they totally ****ed this up and thought they could get Doom back at a low price even after the fax fiasco. Dumervil played them and played them well and now they dont really know who to replace him with.

There's not too many people **** over No7 but our former RDE just did and in effect Dumervil never really lost any money at all because he was never getting that $12m. He was only ever getting $8m guaranteed and a further $3.5m guaranteed only for injury.

Now Elway and Co may well find a replacement in the draft or get a year or 2's decent play out of Freeney or Abraham but until he accomplishes that, it somewhat damages what looked like a very good offseason up until that Friday for me.
You don't ask a player to take a pay-cut unless you are prepared for the player to say "no." So, I don't buy the idea that they thought they were going to be able to retain him. I think that was their preference, but only at a price they were comfortable with. If they were desperate (begging?) to get him back, they would have bested Baltimore's offer. They didn't. I think plan A was to bring Doom back at a more palatable price, but they were prepared to move on with plan B (as yet to be revealed).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote