Thread: DOOM to RAVENS
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #314
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Only my opinion but I think we absolutely wet the bed on this one. Now you'll continue to hear Broncos spin that we were prepared for this and had a back-up plan ready to fire as soon as we released Dumervil. Well if that is indeed the case then why did we literally beg Dumervil to come back in the form of multiple contract offers and now we're sitting at a status quo with no replacement signed
You may well be correct. I'm just not totally down with the "begging" part. I think it may have just been a case of them being willing to go so far to re-sign him, and it wasn't far enough. Baltimore was willing to go farther. So yes, I think they wanted him back. But I think they were only willing to pay what they offered, nothing more. Mistake? Perhaps. But could also be the Ravens who made a mistake. They were only able to do this because they let 5-6 the defensive starters go. And it appears they'e compromised future cap flexibility by getting Doom at a low cap figure this year, similar to what they did with Flacco. Eventually the bill comes due.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote