View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #188
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just curious what the "solution" is that nyuk and meck are suggesting. What is it you want, exactly? More lenient conceal & carry laws? Is that it? You think this will lead to more people carrying, and thus more safety? You think the people who would carry into a situation like what happened in that Aurora theater are the types of peopld you'd actually want to be armed, rather than just the opposite? Spell it out for us. What are you suggesting?
More young folks need to carry. The problem is that too few carry and it's mostly older people. Younger ones are more likely to be victims of violent crime.

If people are going to poo themselves over an extremely rare instance such as Aurora, then they need to do their part and take a role in defending themselves and ensuring their own safety, instead of acting like overgrown children and running to government to pass irrelevant and stupid laws for the sole purpose of restoring their sense of security.

If I was in that theater and being shot at, I'd have wished that I or someone else in there could have had if but one weapon to give us all a chance. Why I'm attacked for that here is beyond me.