View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #171
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

With the 169th pick in the 2013 OM NFL DRAFT.......THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS select:

Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
6'2" 202LBS.

Strengths: Elite size; long arms. Plays very quick; able to make quick and sudden cuts and breaks on the ball. He is very solid in man to man coverage. Does a great job of finding the ball in the air and plays the pass like a wideout. Also shows pretty good awareness in zone coverage and keeps eyes on QB. Has good play recognition, reads plays often. Is a very physical corner, using his hands and arms very effectively. Does a great job of knocking the ball out of the receiverís hands often. Shows pretty fluid hips for a big guy. Has great movement skills. Very impressive jumping ability. Able to make sure tackles and even does a nice job of tackling in space. Can be an effective blitzer.

Weaknesses: I think he needs to find the right balance in the aggressiveness in his game. Often I see him overly aggressive and then there are even times where I am thinking he should have been more aggressive and physical. He needs to find the balance. He tends to over-pursue at times; needs to stay in control. I think he has very impressive footwork (quickness, flexibility), but I saw him get caught flat footed a lot. I believe he has to improve on this for the next level. I would like to see him disengage from blocks better. Overall strength could be better, only did 9 reps on the bench at the combine. Speed is not elite.

Summary: Tharold Simon stood out to me this year as an underrated prospect. For me personally, I like seeing big corners that can move and Simon fits that mold. Along with his size, I saw the physicality that you want to see in bigger corners. Heís not afraid to use his size to help out in the run or make open field tackles. I am also intrigued by his cover skills. I like the competitiveness I see in him and the potential ball hawking ability I see in him. I think Simon has the ability to be a great CB in the NFL and although he does have some issues he needs to improve on.

http://thefootballexpert.com/nfl-dra...-simon-cb-lsu/
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...mon?id=2540199

pick made @ 11:43 am mtn time
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote