View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #162
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
... with a camera running @ full aperture, 1/8 second shutter, and ISO800.

See how washed out the picture looks (particularly the screen)? See how grainy the picture is? That's because of those settings, and those settings are also why the photo makes it look like there's decent visibility. Too bad your eyes have to collect light continuously and don't have 1/8 of a second to do so for every 'frame'. Not to mention your eyes won't be running at 'full aperture' (i.e. fully dilated) nor be dark adjusted (cones adapted to darker conditions) after starring at the screen.

Entirely unimpressive vapid one. Do you think no one here has any experience with cameras either? It's pretty damn easy to make a camera 'see' more light than the human eye in the dark. I do it all the time (I do astrophotography).

However, this time you had your GPS on, so at least we have some idea that the picture was actually taken at that theatre!

One thing I will give you, though, is that it does look like that particular theater has installed very unusual lights, probably because of the shooting. Anyone know what's up with that light?
They're just common sconce lights. From the picture (it's pretty grainy) it looks like a common design that has two 60 watt bulbs (one up one down) with reflectors pointing up and down to shine on the wall and provide extra light on the stairs (notice the treads on the steps have a reflective paint on them), and a translucent glass or plastic cover to provide ambient light when at full.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote