Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #150
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Elam reminds me of TJ Ward. Not a bad thing, but I wouldn't want him in Round 1. I'd be okay with Round 2, but he'll be gone by then. I do like Shawn Williams and DJ Swearinger at SS quite a bit. I hope we wait to address Safety in Round 2 or 3.
The only guy I would take at S near #28 is Cyprien -- and I'd rather trade down and get him in the early 30s. This isn't the kind of draft where you take a safety with your first pick, given the fact that Cyprien, Elam, Swearinger, Reid and a variety of other guys have good 2nd to 3rd round grades on them. IMHO, even Vacarro, is not going to be an ELITE difference maker at the NFL level. You have some guys who might make the Pro-Bowl, but will likely just be "solid" pros. Nothing awesome, nothing spectacular.

The reason I like Cyprien is because he is fundamentally sound and despite average timed speed, he plays faster on the field and gets to the ball effectively. He is good in his zones and when asked to play man, does a good job too. He doesn't blow assignments or miss tackles in a ridiculous manner like Elam does.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote