View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #131
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
They're gambling, that's for sure. But in fairness I think teams all over the League were expecting a larger increase in the cap this year. Nevertheless, you try to win THIS year. THIS is the year, keep your RDE that's proven.

If they were disgusted with Elvis they could have cut him early, brought in Kruger or Avril. No, they liked him, but they wanted him to take the haircut for the team. They kind of picked on him to take the cut, now they have to make up some production at RDE and leadership. RDE is not a scrub position, you want a stud there, now they have to find one.
I actually think the Ravens are trying to follow the Steelers/Patriots model of signing free agents to below market contracts combined with squeezing veterans to takes less money or simply cutting them and then relying on the draft and a proven QB/HC duo to carry the load. I am guessing next season they are going to be looking at renegotiating with Ngata and they will cut either Suggs or Webb. As it stands they have about 106 million tied up next season for 32 players, that is not enough space to fill out the roster under the expected cap.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote