Thread: DOOM to RAVENS
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #223
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't see how you could pine for Matt Elam @ #28 but not want one of the NCAA's best pass rushers who was viewed as a Top 5-10 pick before the Combine. His head coach said he played with high effort and motor all year last year and when teams look at the tape as opposed to his workout numbers, they will see he is worthy of a first-round selection. His off the field concerns might push him out though. We will see. A recently article by Charlie Campbell: LINK: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
Like I said, I don't like players with questionable work habits in the 1st. That's my big question with him. His upper body testing is downright pathetic for a DL. That speaks to lack of effort in the weight room. I don't want to roll the dice on a guy like that in the 1st and just assume that JDR will be able to light a fire under him. Elam, on the other hand, is a leader and hard worker who makes plays all over the field. I don't think there's much chance of him being a bust. He's a safer pick IMO and he also has upside. I know you don't like him much. That's fine. Agree to disagree.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote