Old 03-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #85
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I find it interesting that preparing one's family is considered "strange" or "sad".

For my family farming has been a way of life for many generations. Extra food, ammo etc is just a part of life. They survived the forced starvation in Ukraine, Hitler's blitzkrig ripped through my families village, later the russians ripped through. Most of them survived all of it by being prepared.

I'm not saying Americans need to prepare for a ground invasion or the zombies but most people don't even have so much as a tomato plant in their yard or even know how to sweat a copper pipe if they need to fix their own plumbing. Hell I had friends on Facebook who were without any clean water for their families when the east coast flood happened. There was a weeks worth of warnings yet they didn't even have an extra 5 gallons of water? stupid!

As far as gold and Ammo Denver Brit. Are you really happy you did not buy $300 gold or maybe even $900 gold?

Is it really crazy to have a big stack of Ammo considering it's double and even tripled in price?

Now I don't agree with baja's lizzard people theory but all indications are there is a currency crisis on the horizon. You can either hedge yourself against it or not. Don't agree with Baja on the stability of Mexico either. It was a tough state of affairs down there. A much more noticeable "police state". Had to drive through numerous check points and was basically interrogated several times. It was complete BS!

Perhaps you have nothing to lose. If you don't I can understand why you wouldn't be paying attention.
That would depend on why one prepares. Natural disasters? Yes! Tribulations? Nah.

The currency crisis? Again, been hearing that for decades and choose not to build a life around it.

Gold? Made a bundle buying it in the late 70's and have owned gold stocks and done well. I don't hoard it for barter purposes in anticipation of Armageddon.

I have plenty to lose, and plenty to gain. I choose to ignore dire predictions and invest in dividend yielding stocks. I've done just fine during the meltdown and since. Paying off debt makes more sense to me than buying ammo or filling my basement with canned goods.

It's all about outlook. I don't live in fear of a calamity that would create a post apocalyptic world. IMO, that would be a sad way to live.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote