Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #66
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
But Bostic isn't as good of a player as Brown or versatile. His combine performance was great, but he does not play nearly that fast on the field. His closing speed at LB isn't nearly as good as Brown and he can't hold a candle to him in pass protection. Brown's production the past two years was MUCH better than Bostic and Brown is actually going to stay on the field in third down situations in the NFL. Bostic won't.

Bostic's best fit IMHO is as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme where he can pound the run, much similar to his Gator brethren Andra Davis before him who was successful in such a role with the Cleveland Browns. I think that Arthur Brown is comparable to a guy like Curtis Lofton, with better athleticism. If you are going to use a #1 or #2 on a LB, they have to play three downs. Bostic will not be that player in the NFL.

Just my opinion.
I agree, I'm just saying that I don't think there's a huge difference in their talent, that is, I'd be ok if the Broncos didn't take Brown in the first and waited to take a guy like Bostic later the draft. I guess that if the Broncos do take a LBer in the first (which I seriously doubt they do) I'd still prefer Minter. Ultimately, if the Broncos do take Brown in the first, ok, fine because obviously they see something in him and hopefully he is the BPA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote