Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #2445
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote