Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #64
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If the Broncos take a ILB in the first round it should be Minter IMHO. I know Arthur Brown's stock is rising but I don't see him being significantly better than a guy like Bostic and in fact, his numbers are not as good, and had a good showing at the combine, so much so that he didn't have to rely on his pro day to prove anything.
But Bostic isn't as good of a player as Brown or versatile. His combine performance was great, but he does not play nearly that fast on the field. His closing speed at LB isn't nearly as good as Brown and he can't hold a candle to him in pass protection. Brown's production the past two years was MUCH better than Bostic and Brown is actually going to stay on the field in third down situations in the NFL. Bostic won't. At the very least Brown gives us insurance at WLB if he doesn't progress enough to man MIKE in the NFL. I think that John Fox and Jack Del Rio will be good mentors for them and have had a habit of taking undersized guys @ LB and putting them into positions to excel at both positions.

Bostic's best fit IMHO is as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme where he can pound the run, much similar to his Gator brethren Andra Davis before him who was successful in such a role with the Cleveland Browns. I think that Arthur Brown is comparable to a guy like Curtis Lofton, with better athleticism. If you are going to use a #1 or #2 on a LB, they have to play three downs. Bostic will not be that player in the NFL.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote