Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #209
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Parental guidance is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE problem. People are not passing down values handed them by their parents and grandparents. People are more likely to plop a kid down in front of the electronic babysitter. This is one big reason I think that a parent should be home to rear the kids if possible. I don't care if it's the mother or the father, just be there and guide the kids. Don't plop them down in front of moral and cultural rot.
I'm just glad to see my sister and her wife are doing an excellent job with their six children. It resorts what little faith I had left in people. They have adopted two sets of kids from the Houston area who grew up in abusive households and had P.O.S. parents, fathers who weren't present and a life filled with violence. One of my nephews first held and fired a gun when he was only four years old. Can you imagine? That is scary. . . but I guess part of growing up in the "hood."

It has been quite a challenge to get these kids to turn around, but they have done it. It has taken several years for these kids to get passed the terrors they had to endure and witness as young children, but now that they are growing up and being shaped in a loving household, things are going well. The excel academically and know more about the world and how things work than most people who are out of high school. It's absolutely insane. And they have TWO MOMS showing them the way.

They are a strong case that show that homosexual couples can effectively run a great household. . . it doesn't come down to them being homosexuals. Just good people with good morals.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote