Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #202
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Hollywood, the entertainment industry and the gaming industry absolutely floods the market with violence. I contend this combined with the breakdown of the nuclear family is a huge reason why young people are becoming more violent.
Yeah, but I know a lot of people who are in "nuclear families" who allow their kids to be subject to this crap all of the time. I just don't get it. Violent programming is the most watched on TV and even tops cartoons in adolescent viewers on even morning shows.

I remember playing Mega Man and Zelda as a kid and my parents thought that those were violent. They were even against me playing Battlefield 1942 (original) as a FPS when I got it when I was like 15. I couldn't imagine being 9 years old, sipping a mountain dew and raving about killing people online on Call of Duty. . . but most parents these days give into their kids and don't stand up for what is right.

Instead of being a parent, they will pacify them with whatever cool gadget comes out next. See it all the time. Went out to dinner the other night with a friend and she and I couldn't believe how many families were sitting down on their mobile devices looking up **** instead of talking as a family at dinner time.

How rude.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote