View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
Uncle Bill
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Here's my problem. None of my friends have any lady friends that I am interested in, I don't really want to meet girls at bars, and I am over the whole one night stand thing. The only place for me to meet women is through work or online if I want go that route.
About 5 years ago, I was literally in the same situation as you are now. Against my better judgement, I said "what the hell", gave it a shot, and everything was great for about 3 years. Then some unexpected stuff came about and the whole thing unravelled. In a bad way. Long story short, the last 2 years of my life have been a disaster, b/c I still work with my ex and the economy is bad enough that looking for a new job isn't a realistic alternative for either of us. I mean, it's one thing if you meet someone randomly and things don't work out--you just turn the page and never have to see the girl again. But if you have to face each other every day at work, trust me, it really sucks.

So, I hear you about it being difficult to meet people, and it's entirely possible to establish a healthy relationship in the office. But unless you have a really good feeling about this chick, I'd just let it go.

As an aside, one of my best friends just got divorced from a coworker after 2 years of marriage, and another of my buddies just ruined a marriage by cheating on his wife with a coworker, so maybe I'm biased in regards to this issue. But whatever you do, tread lightly, and don't do anything without carefully thinking it through first...
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote