View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Answer this one question--are these minors?

Here's the definition of a minor: "A person under the age of full legal responsibility."

If by definition these kids are under the age of full responsibility, what does that mean? If the girl is a victom, and underage, that is, not "of full legal responsibility" then who assumes full responsibility for her actions and safety? I contend it's her parents. I also contend that the parents of the perpetrators and all the other perps involved should be held accountable.

PS, I never said the girl is responsible so please quit saying that. I said the parents are to blame for her being put an a bad situation to begin with. You either get it or you don't.
BS, you said the girl was known to be drinking and lying and so she's partly accountable. At best, you're running the tired old "everyone's to blame" defense that attorney's use when their client has committed a horrible crime. At worst, you're slipping into the discussion a supposition that the girl was asking for it.

Now you're backing away from that and saying "woah woah - they're all minors anyway so NONE of them are responsible, it's all the parents."

Very lawyerly. The old wookie defense.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote