View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
As for news and reporting -- I don't agree with you. As someone said - a free press is a great idea if you happen to own one.
That's a nice little quote, but what don't you agree with? I didn't even offer an opinion, I simply stated the fact that the media is run by large corporations, and that is the price of a for-profit media industry.

So once again instead of providing answers, you give a link supposedly to enlighten me about what's "really" going on, but I'm not going to look at it. Why? It's immaterial. It has nothing to do with your providing a solution to the problem.

So what is it? State-run media? Let's hear a clear, concise argument from you for once in your life.

Here, I'll even start it for you:

Quote:
"Since for-profit media is clearly a negative for this great nation, I, __________, propose the following points as a solution to the problem:

-
-
-
-
-
-

(you can write as many points as you like)"
If you are confused, look at a few of my posts in one of the guns threads. There's a pretty good template of how to produce a logical argument that, although someone may disagree with, at least is based in some sense of reality.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote