View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Its depends on the State, and depends on the offense. Sexually Violent Predators (SVP) should never ger off the list, ever, and is most places you don;t have an appeal to the Sex Offender status. Then you have the grey area, the drunken party offense, the text my junk offense, the kids sexually axtive one being 18 one being 17 but consensual. At least in Florida, you have 1 appeal to your placement on the Sex Offender registry, 1 shot.

I have a good friend whose brother was caught in a Sting in Florida, chatting explcitly with a 16 year old girl... when she asked him to meet, he declined and told her he could no longer chat... 3 months later he was arrested. He spent 90 days in jail, is an registered S.O., and finally found one place that would hire him on as a pyschiatrist (only because they emphathize with him as they treat offenders of all sorts, and not underage pateints)... he's still on curfew, get random police checks, can't have a computer in his home, and attends therapy manadated by the State a few times per week and high expense... he has 1 appeal in Florida, one of the thoughest states on offenders, or its a life time deal. The question is, is this harsh, or do these people have tendency to repeat and shoud we protect our children at all costs?

First off I want to say i am not defending sex offenders. but I have heard the rate of repeat offenses is really low for sex offenders once they get released from prison. The re offending rates not high at all.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote