View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I can't believe I am saying this as I am conservative and believe that everyone is accountable for their actions. I think the crime does fit the punishment, but the punishment does not fit the circumstances.

When I was a teenager, I did some real crazy stuff. Did some of the stuff I do define the person I am 20 years later, no. These kids made a huge mistake. Their parents are the blame. As in the article stated, these kids did whatever they wanted and the adults looked the other way. As a matter a fact, the entire city looked the other way. These kids did what they thought was "ok" as the adults left them with no boundaries on their behavior. The kids felt they were privileged, and was not held on the same standard as everyone else. Does that mean the two boys are sex offenders? We don't know that. But to label them as such for the rest of their life is hard to accept. I did plenty wrong as a teenager, but what i did 20 yrs ago does not in any way represent the person I am today.
Are you ****ing serious with this?

Pretty sure these dip****s knew that what they were doing was wrong. It's called a basic moral decency. Hell, they basically said that much on their social media feeds, which ended up incriminating them.

The ONLY thing that might have slowed them down was thinking that they could in fact get caught and could in fact be held responsible for their actions.

We all made terrible decisions when we were teenagers; most of us haven't raped or ****ed with a passed-out drunk chick, carried her to another party, had others do sexual things to her as well, and post it all on a live feed on the internet. These ****ing morons deserve far, far worse than what they're getting. That they're under 18 is the only thing saving them from a far worse punishment.

Maybe they'll grow from this experience. Maybe this will show other people in other small towns that just because you're a football hero doesn't mean you can get away with whatever the **** you want. And if it's the threat of a life altered by a sex crime conviction that stops other would-be rapists and molesters from doing this, then that's a positive.

But claiming the kid has no culpability is a cop out. You know right from wrong when you're 16 or 17.