View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #1203
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Very happy with how our draft has unfolded thus far. Majority of these guys were targets for us from the get go.

12: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
I LOVE Cooper. Wanted him in this spot and was glad he was there
42: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
I also Really like Wheaton. Maybe a bit early, but before the Mike Wallace signing the phins had NO ONE
54: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
A guy that seems to be moving up draft boards as of late. Big athletic WR
76: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
One of targets when SSJ and I first talked. Doesn't block very well, but a good receiving TE
77: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
Again got pretty lucky that he was still there. We were happy with either Slay or Wilson being there(another guy we targeted from the start)
82: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
Just a guy that can get to the QB. Like him a LOT for where we got him.

SO, what do you think?
Still ahead a COMP 4th and a 7th
Pretty solid draft. Cooper is a great prospect, always tough to take an OG that early though. I agree Wheaton went a bit early, I think he's probably a 3rd round guy. Justin Hunter though has a strong chance to go late first. So, that was stellar. Escobar and Wilson were rock solid value. I don't think either were steals at that draft spot, that seems about right to me. Lemonier I really like and think he was extremely good value at that point.

I'd probably give it a solid B. I'm not sure Miami is good enough to have the luxury to take an OG that early, especially since Incognito played extremely well last year and Jerry is roughly average. I think Wheaton was probably a full round reach. Other than those nitpicks, a really strong draft.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote