Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Good idea, BB.

Bills:
1.8 Ziggy Ansah OLB/DE, BYU
1.29 Geno Smith QB, WVU
3.07 Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tenn Tech U

Boom or bust draft, which wasn't my initial intention. But I think from a talent standpoint it's an upgrade at each position. I feel like I came out of the 1st 4 rounds with 3 guys who can start right out of the gate.
  • Ansah can play 3-4 rush OLB or line up as a DE in an even front and replaces Mark Anderson opposite Mario Williams.
  • Geno Smith replaces Fitzpatrick. Traded 2nd rounder and 4th rounder to Pats to move up to get him. I think Smith will end up going higher in April because he's a QB, but I think his value is right around the 20s and 30s.
  • Rogers replaces Donald Jones opposite Stevie Johnson. I debated between the WR from MArshall and Rogers. If I could do that pick over again, I'd probably take the Marshall WR over Rogers based on Roger's character concerns.

Pass? Fail? Meh?
Both Ansah & Geno Smith should be great picks for Buffalo IF they're given a year of on-the-job training first. However, I think Smith in particular could be ruined (a la Blaine Gabbert) if he's thrown to the wolves too early in his career. I like his game a lot though -- he doesn't get enough credit for being a pinpoint-accurate passer and a leader of men.

Da'rick Rogers? Meh. I've got five receivers still on the board who are rated more highly than him -- he's a physical talent, for sure, but waaaaaaay too many red flags for my liking.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote