View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #1149
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I agree. Mediator was suggesting a potential 2nd-3rd round draft value on him. That part I'm a little hesitant about. I think his value is late 4th-5th round area. It looks like his blocking ability is by far his best attribute. He looks pro-ready. I think that goes to Mediator's comments about his intelligence and intangibles. But I don't see a weapon at RB, just a try hard type. I think John Fox really prefers the weapon. All of the backs he has drafted back to DeShaun Foster had top-line speed. Even the backups like Mike Goodson.

I fully expect us to draft Eddie Lacy. I do think he's well worth a 1st Round pick. 4.4 speed, extremely agile and quick, strong, good blocker, violent runner. There's some Jonathan Stewart there, and Fox really liked him. He just has to get past Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Wouldn't surprise me if we trade up. It seems like there is Lacy and then every other RB in this draft. And he has the size/speed/durability that Fox gets a chubby for.
I would spit nails if we trade up in the first for a RB not named Terrell Davis. Given the crappy FA class (now that SJ is gone) I'd rather we stand pat and strengthen the D (especially the secondary) with that pick. I can't imagine they're going to keep Carter around. Then, pick up a RB in the third or fourth round. Which is why I think Stepfan would make a great pick. Actually, I'd feel fine with him in the third. Job one is protecting Peyton. Add in his ability on screens and his North/South style, and I still say he's made to order.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote