View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #1147
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I agree he's a good blocker and he does a nice job on screens. I completely disagree, after watching the USC game tape, that he's remotely quick to the hole though. He takes a bit to build up steam. He has two highlight type plays in this game, which was his best game of the season, including probably his best run this year, but 95% of the game was slow plodding.

I'm more concerned that Stanford's entire offensive plan focuses on the power running game. When the Broncos had their cut block scheme in effect, it was the same type of concept, which is why guys like Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary looked good running in it. I feel that is who Stepfan Taylor is. And, that's how good the Stanford rushing attack is. Look at Toby Gerhart. He was exponentially more talented and skilled than Taylor. He's just a guy in the NFL, and he's even still in a run first scheme.

Nobody seems to be considering Stanford's scheme and whether Taylor was a product of it in this evaluation. They are one of the few college teams to use a Fullback almost every snap. They also tend to use two tight ends to block. Along with use of the wildcast from time to time.

Anyway, USC game cut up for Taylor. Much better for evaluation than a highlight package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8jwc3NNSZ8
I think he's a little more tentative in that game because he was playing against one of the faster Ds in college. He still busted loose for a TD. Anyway, we're talking about a fourth round pick, not a first rounder. I just don't think any RB in this class is worth a 1st and really hope the Broncos don't spend their 1st on one. As a fourth rounder, I wouldn't expect Stepfan to be a top tier back right away, but he might get there. He's a hard worker and a dedicated guy. Great effort guy. Great lockerroom guy. He would serve Peyton's protection needs very well and he'd be reliable, dependable and sturdy in a backup role for KM (which we could really use).

Last edited by Rohirrim; 03-14-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote