View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #23
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
6 million is a total slap in the face to Dumervil. I sincerely hope that number is untrue. Dumervil is a better pure pass rusher than all but maybe 5 guys in the league. People on this board (and in general) focus too much on sack numbers alone when assessing a pass rusher's impact. Doom should at least receive money on par with Kruger.
I'm not sure I understand your logic? Most people figured Welker would haul in close to an eight figure average annual salary. The fact he didn't drives home the point that this is a dry market, particularly for aging vets. Doom probably isn't going to do much better than $6 million per season himself if he hits the open market (though he will probably land significant guaranteed money). Like I said in another thread, I think an ideal compromise is for Doom to cut his salary in half (from $12 million to $6 million) in exchange for having the last two years of his contract torn up and a no-franchise guarantee. He has a great chance to have a big season with Von occupying attention plus Knighton and Vickerson hogging blockers and hit FA in 2014 with a better chance to maximize his value.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote