Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #265
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Like most Nuggets fans, I've had a tempered enthusiasm with this team. A healthy skepticism. I think they're above-average, I think they can get out of the first round of the playoffs. But that's probably about it.

Does tonight change that? No. I still think they get out of the first round but that's it. But, I will say, they are not to be ****ed with at home, and they'll give anybody fits. I've got tickets to the Knicks game on Wednesday, that should be ridiculous. I'm borderline upset I can't go to the Memphis game on Friday but I'll be in Vegas.

I know their road play leaves much to be desired, but this team can be great at home, and I think the playoffs are going to be a lot of fun this year.
I tend to agree with the earlier comment that they aren't built for the regular season. They miss free thorws, they aren't one of those boring, tough defensive teams that can grind it out and wear a team down over a seven game series. They are missing THE guy. They play fast and that doesn't usually hold up over a seven game series. They sometimes make stupid turnovers and still can't make their free throws.

I don't know about their post season chances, so I'm just going to enjoy them right now. When the refs are sending the stars to the FFL a bunch like they do in the playoffs, then our team, without a star player to draw fouls just for breathing, will get out-scored.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote