View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

All kidding aside, I'll go against the grain and tell you there is more to life than chasing the almighty dollar. If you're talented and determined enough, you'll be able to do what you want and stay where you want and make plenty of money.
There is no right or wrong answer. I did my time working in finance for corporations. Couldn't stand it. Hated wearing a suit and tie, hated the kiss ass culture of a corporation, the repetition just about bored me to death.

Smurf the experience certainly won't kill you but if you have access to some seed money I'd say bite the bullet and start your own venture.

Doing what you love is the key. You do that the money will follow. The freedom of being self employed is greater than any amount of money some corporation could pay me to essentially be locked up 40, 50, 60 hrs per week in their cubicle!

Oh but if you do go in business for yourself try to limit the amount of employees you have. Managing people is a pain the ass but you can manage them from the ski slopes.

Last edited by Meck77; 03-08-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote