View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #22
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
I remember reading this article a while back... it's a lot of what Berkshire Hathaway does:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/...l-put-options/
I have no idea what kind of company Berkshire is to work for, but as other have said, it would look great on your resume' to work for them.

True story: about thirty some-odd years ago in the early eighties I joined a local investment club w/ my dad to get into investing. I was in my early 20's and was always a good saver, but had never invested with risk until then.

On an educational day, the club leader was talking about good companies and started talking at length about Buffett and his company Berkshire Hathaway. It all sounded good until he mentioned that the price of the stock was about $2000 each! That is a lot of money now, think of what that price was over 30 yrs ago.

Well, back then, I didn't understand that the price of a stock has nothing to do with the fact on whether it is over-valued or not. All I saw is the $2000 price tag and it seemed outrageous to me.

And the thing is, I could have bought at least 5 shares with my savings, but didn't. Anyway, the stock closed at $155,210 a share today. Oh well, you live and learn.

Take the job, don't be foolish because of a hobby.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote