View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #84
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im not changing the rules, you know how football works. If you want to compare it to real life, and your boss asked you to take a paycut and you had opportunities elsewhere, you may well tell him to get ****ed.

I dont know how much they'd ask him for, but if youre trying to set up the rest of your life, your kids lives, and so forth, you might want to make as much as possible in your brief career.
Sure you did, but that's ok.

I do know how football works. Fact is that Doom had a really good season. It wasn't great though and he has a similar skill set to Von, who is much better and younger. I hope the Broncos and Doom work it out but it doesn't look good.

Another fact about football (and other pro sports): It doesn't matter how much many of these guys make, they typically don't set up anything for the rest of their lives. They frequently end up in debt and owing a bunch of money to the IRS. So to use your analogy of comparing it to real life-you can't. It simply isn't the same thing which goes back to your original point of an employer asking the employees to take a 10% pay cut and how we would all feel about it. It isn't the same thing and doesn't have any merit when discussing a DE approaching 30 years old and their club suggesting he take a pay cut.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote