View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #136
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
You're a dumbass if you think QBR means anything because it clearly does not. ESPN's totally made up, no-formula rating system is completely off the mark? Who could have guessed. And nobody should ever hang a debate on a rating system, QBR or passer, anyway. John Elway looks like crap if you do that, but anyone who watches this game knows there are things a little more important than a pretty stat line.

And yes, I'd take Flacco over Manning right now. He doesn't have one foot already out the door and he doesn't blow it in the playoffs. Eight one and dones? Five of those at home? Are you kidding? I like Manning and consider him arguably the finest pure passer ever, but he is a dud in the playoffs. Very easy choice, given the circumstances. (Not that QB is even the most important player on the team right now, that clearly goes to Miller at this point.)

Also, the people who voted Tebow, what's wrong with them? Last I checked Tebow totaled almost 400 yards of offense, three TDs and no turnovers to win a playoff game. Manning tore it the hell up in regular season, as he usually does, and then choked hard and threw a game-ending INT to kill the playoff run of a very, very strong Denver team. Manning is the superior quarterback, obviously no question. But what does Manning, who chokes in the playoffs and plays poorly in bad weather, have to bring to Denver, Colorado...?

You have no idea how badly I'm hoping Osweiler's upside comes to fruition...
Your whole post is so bad I don't even know where to begin.

QBR means "nothing"? Stupid. It would be fair to say it doesn't mean "everything", but it doesn't mean "nothing". And it's not just QBR. His stats in general are not remotely elite. I don't know what more to tell you here, it's just a fact.

Flacco over Manning? I'm not aware that was the argument here. I'd only consider Flacco because he's younger, but he's not in the same league as Manning career wise, and never will be.

Tebow? Also not worth discussing. The guy will never be an NFL QB and his career is probably over. Get over it.

Osweiler? Finally, something we agree on?

As for how awful PM is in the postseason, educate yourself with the article linked below.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...or-help/20867/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote