Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #59
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not sure what this means, considering i think we had as good of a chance as anyone last year, but I'd agree getting Revis is a curious move.
You mentioned above how you'd be upset if we got Dumervil, but I don't think that his production (sacks) would be hard to replace. It seems like the past 3-5 years, teams have had no problem getting pass rushers in the draft who come in and contribute right away in that regard. However, the # of rookie ready CB's who come in and contribute in such a manner is relatively small.

Champ, Revis, Harris, Bolden and Carter means we are set there for a while. Revis' cap hit gets negated if Dumervil is dished, and we can afford him down the road after Bailey hangs up his cleats and warms up for his HOF induction.

Denver being interested in this move (if they have indeed made an offer) signals to me that despite the depth of this CB class, the Broncos feel it is necessary to had a high quality player to their secondary for the short and long-term benefit of the team.

Given the pass rushers in FA, etc. -- it seems they would rather take a shot there to replace Dumervil and gaining another All-Pro CB instead of bringing in guys who would have a several year learning curve.

At the end of the day, I would be surprised if this happened. I don't think the Jets can get a better offer than Dumervil + 2nd / Dumervil + 3rd. They are getting an impact 3-4 OLB and a high selection. It is probably better than just picks for them.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote