View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #698
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
There is certainly a difference between playoff and regular season play but at least so far Flower is doing great.

BTW looks like the Caps are starting to get it together now so I'm sure you are happy now.

IMO..Therrien is the early Jack Adams favorite. I know Quenneville is more or less undefeated but MTL was crap before Iron Mike gave them real structure and a commitment to defense.
re: caps; since it is a short season I would rather tank my friend. It's a poorly constructed team, but if they shock me so be it, I won't complain if they make a deep playoff run (highly unlikely IMO).

It's not so much that they let Semin walk, it's that you can't replace him with ****ing Wolski, who is terrible and now a healthy scratch (who didn't see that coming).

It's Ovie, Ribeiro, Brouwer and a bunch of 3rd and 4th line grinders. Backstrom is MIA and I don't think he has recovered from that concussion/injury from last season and the KHL this year.

Agree completely on Therien. It seems he learned a lot since his early days in montreal and then pittsburgh. He's still the same strict guy but it seems he knows how to push the buttons and give and take a little bit better than before.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote