View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #114
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Ended up with this Breville Multi-Speed Juice Fountain. The reviews for this product were almost always 5 stars...and I have already used it twice, it works great....the juices I made? Not so great...working on that.

If you use veggies and fruit, the only fruit you should really mix with it are apples and pears (general rule). Hard fruit I think was what I read somewhere. Like an orange and a tomato would be, well... awful!

2 oranges and 1 carrot is good

2 apples and 1 medium red beet and 1 whole lime

Kale is bitter, so don't use a ton, and if the stalk is real long without leaves on it, cut that part off, but it is super healthy for ya!

My typical breakfast drink is.
1 tomato, 3/4 stalks celery, 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 a bell pepper, carrot, 1 lime or 1 lemon, apple, kale leaves, spinach (whole bundle if you buy it fresh). If you like, add a little onion or a small slice (1/4 inch or less) of ginger root or horseradish root. I call it my mock V8 juice, but the color is nothing like V8 juice. it is so fake, it's unreal!

Barnes and Noble had some good juice books too, got a couple we used earlier, then adapt the recipe to your own taste on what you like.

I like using whole key limes, a little more bitter taste, but in a good way!

Oh yeah, tip on keeping kale fresh longer. After it sits in the fridge a couple days, it gets limp. Cut a little of the ends off and put it in a vase/bowl of room temp. water. (similar to flowers) Leave it set an hour or so, it'll freshen up and can go back in the fridge and not get dried out as fast, if you don't use it quick enough.

Last edited by hades; 03-04-2013 at 04:37 PM..
hades is offline   Reply With Quote