Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #550
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
So last night I was going back and forth between Barrett Jones and Travis Frederick. I watched more tape, did more research, and I just felt like it was best to go with Frederick for the Cowboys. I know some have said that Barret Jones can play all of those positions he played at Bama, but I'm sure he will end up being a Center or Guard. It seems almost as if he was the guy that they could move around and somewhat "hide" on the O-line there because of the great players he had around him.

So by going with Frederick, I think he would be a good fit at Guard as well. I like his ability to get to the second wave and get a block on a LB.
I guess I'll have to wait it out and see what the right choice would have been.
Frederick was a much better guard IMHO, and I can not see why people liked him at Center. Jones, well, he was an all american at 2 positions for a reason. Kid is nasty and smart as hell. 2 things absolutely required of an NFL OL. He actually played better as the games went along and made some adjustments personally and even in the Line calls that I saw. NFL ready and hopefully recovered from his injury. Love the kid though.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote