View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Say you have a bill that 100% of congress wants to pass. Everybody loves it. But 99% of the problems trying to get bi-partisan bills passed is almost always because somebody has to start attaching other things on it. Then somebody doesn't like it now, and they want to add a thing or 2 and the next thing you know, that 1 bill that everybody loved now has 20 items attached to it and has no chance of passing. Why do these politicians do that. I mean, if everybody liked the bill, what's the problem. Well, they don't always want the bill to pass, even if they like it. That would mean something good happened and our politicians are all about tearing one another down, not helping one another and working together. Not anymore.
I think a deal could have been reached had Obama not needed even more new tax revenue in the deal. Repubs cant be expected to cave again on taxes so soon after caving on the income tax raise for upper earners.

They have to think about what the 45% of us who voted for them want also right? Or do you think it should just be let Obama have everything he wants? The Senate leader and many on Obamas team during campaign basically called Romney a tax cheating liar. You just can't expect repubs to be all rosy on Obamas liberal agenda. He frankly hasn't tried very hard to be compromsing. Oh yeah i know media paints him to be but hes not at all.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote