View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #107
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
We love our vitamix too. Anyone have any good soup and/or ice cream recipes?
We got the BlendTec, but the recipes are pretty much the same for either blender. Do a Google search, we found a ton of different soup recipes. My fav. is cream of asparagus. It's so easy, and tastes good. Cook some asparagus (3/4 lb for a single serving), add 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock (I use low or no sodium types) 1/4 cup heavy cream (I often just use lowfat milk tho), pepper and the asparagus.

Ice cream, boy... the possibilities are endless! Frozen fruit (any type), 1/2 cup powdered milk, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 cups ice. If you like it sweeter, use some agave. We occasionally add some hemp hearts too, or a handful of spinach leaves (the color stays pretty white tho).

I've thrown some Andes mints in for mint chocolate chip ice cream, and used chocolate milk, or strawberry milk and add fresh strawberries.

I recently bought a chocolate coconut water (little box of it like a juice box) that I'm gonna try soon, instead of chocolate milk.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote