Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #369
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
How can you determine that when he's only played football for about four years now? Hunt has made some pretty big strides each season, showing a lot of potential to develop the necessary skills.

He's one of the most interesting guys in this draft. I'm betting he's a lock for the first round at this point, and he should send JJ Watt 10% commission for that fact. Watts' stellar season will make teams salivate over Hunt's potential to be that same kind of disruptive 3-4 DE. Those kinds of players are incredibly rare and rolling the dice on someone with that kind of potential in the first is a risk you can't be afraid to take.

I think San Fran is actually a very likely landing spot for him too, now that they have the #33 pick via the Alex Smith trade. I could also see Indy or Green Bay jumping on him with their first rounders as well. His interviews will determine his draft status. If he convinces teams he's highly motivated and about to turn the corner mentally he'll go off the board early.
I could not disagree more, When the lights went on in Mobile against competition, the kid simply wilted. He was more athletically gifted than some of those guys and he folded. When he gets into the NFL, it gets worse and th players are even more cutthroat than the comaraderie that happens in Mobile.

He might develop into something special, but right now, he is not going to impact a damn thing his first year. Nowhere near worth a top 32 selection in my book. Especially, since he is a one trick pony and gets his ass kicked against the run.

I like guys who are instinctive despite their inexperience, that is NOT this kid.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote