Thread: Combine notes
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #571
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It is not a copout. I could give you the list of players I would LIKE (that may be there at #28) but that doesn't mean they will be. As mentioned, the guys I really liked are probably not going to be there anymore. I thought a guy like Rhodes or Trufant would have been the best thing for this team moving forward -- and as you mentioned are probably Top 20 players by now.

FWIW: T'eo and Minter would be on that short list.

Other players I like I will not name right now because they are potential targets of mine with the Bengals in the draft because needs are similar on that team. I don't want to give up hints on players I like and target so people could swoop them up ahead of me. After I am done selecting for the Bengals in round two, I will tell you.

As Med says, and I agree, boards are still very fluid right now. A team that plays heavy zone aren't going to have a guy like Rhodes listed as high as a team who plays man coverage where he excels, etc. Once free agency comes and the Broncos either sign or scrap players, it will change things even more. It is too hard to tell and that is just being honest.
I agree on alot of what you and Med are saying and i also will say that i think theres actually still a very good chance that Trufant or Te'o will be there at #28.
Rhodes has propelled himself into the top 13 picks now, so i will concede that hes a bit of a pipe dream.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote