View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #183
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I was eyeing Hankins as well at my pick, but decided if I was making the safe/bpa pick it had to be Trufant because the gap between Trufant and anything I'd get in round 3 is bigger than the gap between Hankins and what I could get for a round 3 or 4 NT.

Hankins is unique in that he was a multi-role 3 down player for OSU at his size. Most guys that far over 3 bills are two down types who lack stamina and motor. Hankins bucks that trend and that makes him very interesting.

I could have seen you taking Richardson since Dallas is supposed to be mixing in more 4-3 stuff, but if they want to flip back and forth Richardson loses his appeal rather quickly, while Hankins is a nice fit either way.
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking about going with a smaller DT, but even then I would have taken Short over Richardson. I just don't see Richardson being able to handle anything in the middle at the NFL level, and will have to be a 3-4 DE. Hankins on the other hand like you said, has the ability to take 2 guys as he needs to be double teamed. And when you have Demarcus Ware on the outside that makes things interesting. I just saw it as a solid fit for Dallas, and an opportunity for them to clear some cap space by waving Jay Ratliff.