View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #180
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Johnathan Hankins
I was eyeing Hankins as well at my pick, but decided if I was making the safe/bpa pick it had to be Trufant because the gap between Trufant and anything I'd get in round 3 is bigger than the gap between Hankins and what I could get for a round 3 or 4 NT.

Hankins is unique in that he was a multi-role 3 down player for OSU at his size. Most guys that far over 3 bills are two down types who lack stamina and motor. Hankins bucks that trend and that makes him very interesting.

I could have seen you taking Richardson since Dallas is supposed to be mixing in more 4-3 stuff, but if they want to flip back and forth Richardson loses his appeal rather quickly, while Hankins is a nice fit either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
He is not going to excel in a 3-4, unless they change to a single gap 3-4 and let him penetrate. Kid can be run at all day long in a two gap system.

Oh well, another KC DL head scratcher
Yep. He's shown no real ability to stuff running lanes. Two gapping against NFL level OLs sounds like a great way for him to disappear and never be heard from again. He needs a 4-3 front that wants him to just attack all day long.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote