Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
The ownership deserves some credit for locking up Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez to long-term contracts. This isn't Miami or Kansas City where management is just spitting in the fans' faces.

O'Dowd has gotten way too long of a leash though. The 2007 and 2009 seasons aren't enough when you consider the entire body of work over 13 years. They had a good scouting run in the mid-to-late 2000s, but the system has dried up more recently.

I do think Colorado is a difficult environment to sustain pitching success over time and it's going to be a challenge for any baseball think-tank. I applaud O'Dowd for experimenting with something different last year with the four-man rotation and 80-pitch counts.

But all in all, the Rockies could use some fresh blood in baseball ops. Arizona and San Diego have consistently produced more competitive teams in the time O'Dowd has been there.
Not buying it. O'Dowd sucks and so does ownership. The Rockies are going on 20 years and what do they have to show for it, one WS appearance? The Marlins and the Diamondbacks have what, 2 or 3 WS championships between the two? San Fran has 2 WS championships as well. Even the pathetic Dodgers are making a huge comback after their previous owners basically stole from the team.

Nah, this team sucks because ownership sucks and O'Dowd is still a joke. He was a joke when he was hired, and he is a joke now, and he will continue to be a joke until he gets fired, which will probably be never.

I bet the friggen Cubs win a WS before this franchise. I bet KC Royals wins a WS before this franchise does.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote