Thread: Combine notes
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #497
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This does not shock me at all. . .

Bears beat writer Dan Pompei surveyed numerous NFL front office members and came away with the conclusion that 13 CBs could go in the top two rounds.

The 13 include: Southeast Louisiana's Robert Alford, Cal's Marc Anthony, Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks, Utah State's Will Davis, Connecticut's Dwayne Gratz, Alabama's Dee Milliner, Oregon State's Jordan Poyer, Florida State's Xavier Rhodes, Rutgers' Logan Ryan, Mississippi State's Darius Slay, Boise State's Jamar Taylor and Washington's Desmond Trufant and Connecticut's Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

A wet dream for DBs!

I thnk after watching the entire combine that DENs best best and safest bet is going after Rhodes or Trufant depending on how the 1st 13 picks play out.
If Milliner is the 1st CB taken by the 13th pick. DEN has a real good chance of landing Rhodes or Trufant. INDY or MIN could be in play, however they have some holes to fill, and because there are so many solid CBs they might think they could get a real good one in the 2nd round still, and go after another needed player in the 1st.
I would not care if DEN moved up to that 2nd STL pick (#16) and grabbed their CB of the future.
Also, like i said a while ago, theres gonna be some serious DT and RB talent left over in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote