Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #177
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You could just sack up and call me by name since I'm the only one who has mentioned him. And I didn't hate on Tyreese. I did say it was unfortunate they turned him around. I think Tyreece going to Woodbury was, in terms of writing, one of the more logical conclusions. They find the prison and Rick comes off as bat-**** crazy and tells them to leave. Then they find what appears to be a stable community that confirms their experiences at the prison - that Rick is crazy. I suppose if they find out what a tool the Governor is they could turn it around, but why they would flee back to the prison is beyond me.

My beef with the writing is how stupid Andrea, and her whole situation, is.
This isn't the first time Andrea's been stupid where men are concerned though... back at the farmhouse, she was thinking Shane was a better choice as the leader than Rick. She means well but has a weakness for the bad guys and/or poor judgment regarding a man's true character. Shane and the governor were very much the same in that their own self-interests would trump absolutely everything else.

As for Tyreese, he doesn't really know Rick; hasn't yet seen his good side. All he has seen is a mentally-unstable man who refused to help them when they desperately needed shelter and turned them away to possibly die. It's just human nature to resent something like that. And the governor is highly skilled at appearing to be good and kind even though his true nature is the polar opposite... he has a whole town fooled and by appearances, has had them "under his spell" for quite some time; to the point that they don't even question his lies and will go and wage war for no other reason than he said to.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote