View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #118
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Because in neither case itís really not about racism but it's "all about the money".

The lawyer said "this isn't about money" so what do you think that means .......
They didn't hire a lawyer until after they were offered $500 for their silence. I mean, what could have possibly made them think there was anything more to the story, amirite??

So let me get this straight. Let's say you perceived you were being treated unfairly because of your race. When you approached the business about it, they apologized and offered you $500 if you signed a contract not to talk about the incident. Wouldn't you expect there's something fishy going on? I would. That's not common business practice, or you'd have people cashing in on the $500 all. the. time. Especially those black people you claim don't care about racism, just money.

No, what you do in a situation where you believe someone is falsely claiming racism and threatening a boycott unless you give them money is what I did in 2009. You document it and take the claim to police, because extortion is a felony and 2 counts will get you 10-20 years. I'm not going to post the case info here on the board, but if you're interested or don't believe me, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the case number in Cobb County (GA) Superior Court.

So again, what part of hiring a lawyer after getting offered $500 in shut up money is being "all about the money?"
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote